Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall-time Pics

My mom and Tony came for a visit last weekend. Kyan really enjoyed snuggling (and waking up) with his Grandpa. We had a great time, and Kyan ate ribeye for the first time ever. Grandpa Tony was especially proud to teach Kyan what monsters say..."Hi I'm grandma."














He is showing Tony his nose.














Yesterday was possibly the last nice day so we decided to go to Deana Rose one last time. We planned to go the their pumkin patch until we realized we had to pay. Oops. So Kyan picked out his own little pumkin at Walmart instead. He was very proud of it. Anyway here is Kyan at the windmill area of Deana Rose Farmstead checking out the waterfall.














He really loved the numbered stepping stones this time. He went through all the numbers while counting out loud. He has been learning the alphabet too. Last night at 8:00 Kyan pointed to our digital alarm clock and said "B-O-O." Then when it turned 8:01 he said "B-O-1."














He is pointing to the pink flowers. He is getting so good at pointing.











He is checking his head for his hat.

















He really checked out the animals. I love taking him here because I can easily compare his awareness with his previous trips. He did much better than the times before. He pointed out some animals without me telling him what they were. And everytime we moved onto something new he'd say "bye bye goats" or whatever we were leaving.












This trip was much better also in the fact that Kyan didn't try to climb into the water from the deck. Last time was pretty scary. I never knew if he'd just plunge off the edge. This time he did really well and watched the ducks and the fish a lot.













The trees are so beautiful this time of year. The farm was especially pretty yesterday. I love fall.




















This is Kyan with his little pumkin. Our fall decoration this year.





2 comments:

Michael Ann said...

okay, I have the cutest little nephew in the world!

Anyways, I think in those pictures that Tony looks so much like my dad!! If you didn't read your posting and just glanced at the pics, he could double for him in those.

I love that farm you guys get to go to. Hopefully when we come visit one day, we can go there. My boys would love it I think.

I'm so happy Kyan is doing so well! He is really doing well and you are the best mommy!

Susan said...

Michael Ann is right Tony and Halbert favor alot. Tony is funny, I love the "Hi I'm Grandma" joke. That park is the coolest ever, and Kyan's pumpkin is perfect, he can carry it and he picked it, that makes it perfect. It is amazing to see how Kyan is moving forward with so many things all at once. He just seems to be progressing all the way around, it really blows me away to see how far he has come. Thanks to you Andrea! And thanks Dr. Baptist! And thanks Sonrise! And mostly thank you God! Hey and you too Matt for all your work and hours of providing for your family. See you soon.