Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Slide and Kyan's First Hair Cut

We finally found Kyan the climb and slide we've been looking for, used but in perfect condition. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa. He loves it, as you can tell. We were so excited to bring it home last night. With all the static going down the slide it makes Kyan's hair even crazier than usual. So today I finally did it.

Yeah, that's right. I finally cut his hair for the very first time. I cut it in the bathtub with these terribly dull scissors. I will be investing in some new scissors for next time. It scared me a little after his hair dried and shrunk up. I didn't realize that I had cut it so short. Oops. But it will grow back fast. Even still, it looks so much better. Super cute. I'm proud of my work. I'm sure we'll get some better pictures later when he's in more of a picture-taking mood.


I guess I should specify that the pictures on the slide are before the hair cut. I just put him back in the same outfit after his bath. What a difference.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so IMPRESSED!!!! It looks great!!! He looks so cute. Hey when I come up to visit will you cut mine? Kyan looks a little older with that big boy hair cut, it's just perfect! If I couldn't be there to give him his first haircut I am so glad you did it, really that is even more special. See moms really can do anything!
Love you guys

Jill Garrison said...

He looks great!!! I told you it would change his "looks" - how freaking cute... alittle older... but still just as cute.

Great find on the slide! Always a fun thing for those little climbers to play on. Ours is still rather steep for Parker but he will climb the ladder to the top and look down... anyways! Good job momma