Monday, December 22, 2008

Susan's Christmas Vacation

Susan came to visit for several days. We ate lots of good food and had fun. We mostly stayed inside the house since it was in the single digits outside...definitely not Houston weather. I think it's been in the 70s there.

Saturday night Kyan got to open one of his Christmas presents from Aunt Shelley and Uncle Jason. Woohoo! Talking Alphabet Magnets like the ones on Aunt Mikey's fridge! He was soooo excited to have some of his very own.
I think he played with them all evening. We wouldn't know because...

we got to go out all by ourselves while Kyan stayed at home with Mimi. Wow! We went to Matt's company Christmas party downtown (and yes, of course we got lost in the Kansas City ghetto at night). We finally made it there and had a good time. It's nice to get out once in awhile, just the two of us. Thanks Susan for watching Kyan so we could go to the Christmas party.

Sunday Susan gave Kyan his first professional hair cut. It looks so great. I love it.

He didn't love getting it cut though.

And super nice Aunt Shelley gave Kyan permission to open one more present on Sunday. It was an Alphabet Animal spinning wheel. He loves it. Matt and I are already singing the catchy little tunes that it sings. Thank you so much for the fun toys!

We took lots of cute pictures of Susan and Kyan. I had a hard time trying to narrow them down.


This is my favorite picture of Kyan and Susan. They both look so happy they could just pee their pants.
Susan took some family pictures of us by our tree. She did a great job not cutting anyone's head off. I think it's about time she goes professional with the photography.




Thanks for coming and visiting us. We had a great time. We hope to see Halbert soon too. Thanks for everything!

2 comments:

Jill Garrison said...

Parker loves the wheel thing too! I'm thinking the alphabet toy sounds like SO much fun - parker loves magnets! he terrorizes everyone's fridges!

Anyway!!!! let us know if you all make it down this way. We need to have you all over ... we have done so much to the house since you were here last!

Unknown said...

I am so glad I got to visit and keep Kyan, I hope to visit more often. Thanks for always making me feel so welcome! Love, Susan